The Britannia Inn was the venue for meetings of the
Operative Bricklayers Society in 1862, meetings carried on here for many years until the meeting place was moved to the
Valiant Soldier at the junction of South St and Holloway St.
According to the EFP it was also the venue for a sale in 1806.
White's Devon Directory (1850) lists the building at 4 South Street with Thomas Southwood resident with Kelly (1897) listing Thomas Edwin Ayres.
The Inn closed in March 1916.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002-2004