The Greyhound is shown on both the map and in White's Directory (1850). Edward Hope was resident at 105 Paris Street.
The City Brewery purchased the freehold in 1898. The inn had good stabling and a beerhouse attached.
The Greyhound inn in Paris Street was bombed during the war and replaced in the 1950's in Sidwell Street, the license transferred in 1958 according to Pring.
The Poltimore Inn existed on the new site in Sidwell Street prior to 1912.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002, 2003