The Poltimore Inn existed on the site of the current Amber Rooms, originally The Greyhound inn prior to 1912, and is seen on the O.S. map of 1876.
An application for a licence renewal by St Anne's Well Brewery were met with objections in 1909, because of access beside the inn. It eventually closed in 1912 and was demolished.
Listed by Pigot (1823), E. Hodge resident.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002, 2003