The Bull Inn is on the 1876 OS map and is also mentioned in 1715 when Otto Channon
moved here from the Kings Arms in Sidwell Street. It was the subject of a "to be sold" notice in 1767.
Whites Devon Directory (1850) lists Samuel Roach as resident.
It was used extensively by the carrier services as their stating point for journeys all over Devon in 1852.
It closed in November 1947.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002