The Peter Bell demolished in 1811 to widen South Street. Originally stood in Palace Gate.
Is however mentioned by the Exeter Flying Post as being around in 1756.
The Dove Inn Shown on the O.S Map of 1876 and also listed in White' directory of 1850 at 37 South Street. Joseph Moxon was resident. Kelly (1897) lists Harry Burridge Chown at the inn 38 South Street. Have been unable to find a listing after 1895.
The Inn was refused a license in February 1903 according to Pring.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002