The Packhorse Inn is shown on the OS map of 1876. A sale was held at the inn on 28th May 1779 according to the EFP. The inn was a famous coaching inn for those travelling from the north of Exeter.
The Inn closed in 1998 having lost alot of custom and was sold to become a shop.
W. Brownston was resident in 1850 according to White, and Nataniel Harris was landlord in 1779 according to the EFP.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002, 2008