The Royal George is shown on Benjamin Donn's map of 1765 as being at the bottom
of Rock Lane (which became Coombe Street), it also gets a mention by Besley (1828).
White lists William Pike resident in 1850.
Does not appear on the 1876 O.S. map of 1876, it's license having lapsed in 1872.
On 8th August 1833, the pub was mentioned in the EFP in connection with the landlord (William Taylor) passing away.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002