The Summerland Inn stood in Summerland Street. The City Brewery
purchased the lease in 1902 and the freehold in 1903.
It was reconstructed in 1907 at a cost of £950.00. It was severely damaged during WW2 with monies paid out by the War Damage Commision in November 1950, and was demolished. In 1955 the site was sold to Exeter City Council.
Listed by the brewery in 1883.
William Bowden, the last landlord died in 1949.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2005