The Union was situated in Okehampton Street in 1850 according to White. George
Sticklin was resident at the time. The location would have been 40 metres past the Royal Oak (as seen today).
The place must have stank. The premises also housed a slaughter house (1839 Tithe Map). No wonder it closed!
The EFP record a Union Inn in St Thomas in 1824. Mr Coles was resident at the time of a riot in the house.
It is also mentioned by Youings (1968) that Charles Dandy owned the place in 1828, he was a former member of the Company of Fullers, Weavers and Shearmen.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002-2004