The Duke Of York was located in the Westquarter according to Besley (1828). John Manley was resident. Pigot (1823) gives an address of Rock's Lane with the very same John Manley resident.
There are no further listings for a Duke Of York in Racks Lane, however Kelly (1889) lists one at 21 Coombe Street which was formerly Racks Lane.
The EFP published a death notice in 1835 for Ricchard Richardson, the landlord.
The pub was closed in 1936 and it's license transferred to the St Loyes Hotel.
The Carpenters Arms was located in Coombe Street according to Pigot (1823), Elisha Channon resident, Besley (1828) and Pigot (1830) state Joseph Melhuish was resident.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002