The Sawyers Arms was still going in 1960. It stood
opposite Grendon Buildings in Preston St on a a site that was developed as Augusta Court in
2003. The land had been left as open grassland after further re-development of the Street
The place is listed by Pigot (1823), William Connet resident, White (1850), Thomas Tucker resident and Kelly (1897), Harry Patten resident.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002