The White Swan Inn was located in Fore Street
according to the Exeter Flying Post in 1766 when the pub was "taken" by Richard Lloyd. It was the venue for a freemasons celebration in 1767.
By 1770, the pub was known as The Swan Inn, an advert for breakfast appearing in the EFP 13th July 1770.
The Inn was the starting point for the coach to Teignmouth in 1771.
The last reference to this pub was a marriage notice in 1860.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2005-2006